Beach Fever Pt. 1

2:00 PM

Have you ever saw a picture, smelled a scent, or heard a sound and all of a sudden had the urge to go? Go somewhere far away from where you are sitting? Somewhere. Someplace. On and adventure? I have those urges every once and a while, wait that isn't true. I actually think I have one almost everyday! Anyway. Moving right along.

I was sitting on the couch one day two weeks ago with laptop in hand or lap rather. I don't remember what exactly I saw, it was most likely a pin on pinterest. :) When all of a sudden I had the urge to go on an adventure! I turned to my mom and half way serious half way joking said "Hey Mama, can we go the beach? Like for just one day and then come home?". Then in all seriousness my mom replied with "Sure. When do you want to go?".

Okay, if you don't know my mom you don't know how amazing this was to hear! My mom likes to have fun, but the last thing that I expected her to say was "Sure!". I was so shocked by this statement that it took me a moment to collect my thoughts and think about whether she was being serious or not! Well, she was serious so this past saturday we packed up the car and all of us and at 3:00 in the morning headed out from our Louisiana small town to Gulf Shores Alabama.

We were there by 7:30 and after a few complications we were on the beach to take family pictures with my new amazingly awesome 5D! After that we played on the beach for 6 hours straight and then loaded up and drove home. It was awesome! Talk about a mini vaca!


traveling.sand in your hair. sun on your skin. family time. relaxing.

Grace

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. I love your pictures, Grace! What kind of camera do you have?
    I live half an hour away from lake Huron (in Ontario) so the beach isn't as much of a big deal around here, even though we only end up going about once a year lol. Still love it though! Looks like you had a wonderful time :)
    -Melinda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I just recently purchased the Canon 5D Mark II! :)

      Delete
  2. Great pictures!! I've never been to a beach before, but it looks like a lot of fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pictures. Love the post. Most of all, I love how much you enjoy living life to the fullest.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! No, I'm serious. I'll do the happy dance. :)