My Summer Home: North Carolina pt. 2

12:14 AM

I've been in here in North Carolina working at the conference center for a week and some days now. It's different than I expected, but I've learned to expect the unexpected. 

Unexpected friendships with unexpected people. 
On day one I walked into the conference dining hall knowing no one and walked out with a new friend. Since then I've had the privilege of befriending some of the amazing people here from across the globe. 



Unexpected views.
I knew I was going to the mountains to work, but I didn't realize that I was going to be working on the top of a mountain. I didn't know that I would be able to see mountain peaks all throughout the day, even on the casual walks to chapel.


 Unexpected work.
I went into this summer job not knowing too much about it. I knew I was going to be outside most of the day and that's honestly all that mattered. This job has turned out to be one of the, of not the best job I have ever had. I enjoy the team I work with and we all get along well. I never knew ziplining, rock wall climbing, and ropes course instructing could be this much fun.

 Unexpected lessons.
I've learned so many lessons about life just over these past one and a half weeks. I've learned how to be a better leader, a better listener, a better encourager, and I've learned more about totally embracing who I am as a person.


The Lord has been reminding me that my worth isn't found in my GPA, college degree, or any accomplishment, my worth is found in Him alone. In Christ alone, my hope and worth are found.

GRACE

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Your comments make my day! No, I'm serious. I'll do the happy dance. :)