bcm

I Moved Out

11:23 PM

Don't worry. I am going to post some more about vacation, but I interrupt this series to say that I officially moved out of my parents' house!

It has been quite an experience moving to a new town, having to find a new job, finding a new church, learning how to college, and making new friends, but it has been such an incredible adventure!! Honestly, I was scared to death about everything I just listed, but God is good and He has worked everything out.

Moving to a new town...it has been a struggle for me to adjust to city living. I am a country girl. Where I lived before I would have to drive 30mins to get to the nearest Walmart and for work. Where I live now it takes me 5mins or less to get to 20 different stores. That also means that I hear neighbors screaming and the AMTRAK zooming by at 3am.

Having to find a new job...I applied to many places, but because I don't have "retail experience" a lot of places won't hire me. I did however find a job! I am now working at a local higher-class fast food chain. It definitely wasn't my first job choice, but beggars can't be choosers. In the meantime I'm looking for a better paying job.

Finding a new church...I've only been to two churches since I moved, but I really liked the last one I went to. I think it might be the one.

Learning how to "college"...I was homeschooled my whole life. I loved being homeschooled and I wouldn't change that even if I could, but I was a little worried about starting college. Not because I thought that I wasn't prepared educationally speaking, but because it's a whole new atmosphere. Classrooms, professors, classmates, homework, it's all new to me. However, I think I'm adjusting quite well. I love all my professors and I think that I personally learn better in a classroom setting. I am taking four classes so my workload isn't bad at all. I think this is going to be a fun semester.

Making new friends...I already knew a few people before I moved that I had met when I worked at the camp, but I was a little worried about making new friends. As much as people would like to believe, I'm not an outgoing person. I don't like large group settings and I really don't like having to make small-talk. Thankfully the BCM (baptist collegiate ministry) is the most inviting, friendly organization that I have ever been in. I thought it would take at least a semester before I made really good friends, boy was I wrong! I have made so many friends so quickly!
(the bcm after Thursday night worship service aka FUSE)

Needless to say I am loving college life! I can't wait to see what God has in store for this semester!

GRACE


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Your comments make my day! No, I'm serious. I'll do the happy dance. :)