2 0 1 6 // fearless

12:15 PM

2015 was quite a ride! From graduating high school, going on the vacation of a lifetime, moving out of my parents house to a new city, starting college, and every other little thing in between has made this year fantastic and stressful. I know 2016 has a lot of things in store as well and I'm pretty excited about those.

Every year I like to sit down and pick out a Bible verse and one word to focus on for said year. Also, instead of resolutions I like to write a list of things I'd like to improve on. The following is my list of things for 2016.



Word: F E A R L E S S

Verse: "Do not FEAR, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, Surely I will uphold you with My righteous hand." Isaiah 41:10

Goals:

make time to spend with my Creator
The One that placed the stars deserves my all. He deserves my time.

make time to make
Being a creative means that when I haven't made something in a while I get in a place where I have too much bottled up energy. I NEED to express myself creatively. I need to make time for that. I need to take more creative and inspiration breaks.

be more present
One phrase describes it all "put yo phone down." I am not terrible at this, but there is always room for improvement. I want to make a conscience effort to put my phone away when visiting with friends and family. I want to take more pictures with my actual camera and less with my phone. I want to be more excited about my next 2am adventure than what picture I will post on Instagram of it.

be more selfless
I want to make more time for friends. I want to be the first to ask them about their day, their week, their hopes, their dreams. I want to be the person that is considered a good listener. It's not about me.

be more humble
It's not about me. Therefore, there is no need to brag about anything. There is always something else to learn.

be more adventurous
Again, I already do this, but I want to do more! I want to go on spur-of-the-moment road trips with my favorite people. I want to sit on a roof, stargaze, and talk about life. I want to be more spontaneous.

What are your goals for 2016?

G R A C E 


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Your comments make my day! No, I'm serious. I'll do the happy dance. :)