Pallet Garden in 7 Easy Steps

10:30 AM

I had a garden once when I was a little girl. It was a family affair. This time I wanted it to be my garden. I wanted to make it, and I wanted the joy of harvesting the goodies. (I didn't mean for that to sound like a two year old tantrum. oops.)



What You'll Need: 

hammer and nails
long pallet
tarp
something to poke holes with (a nail will work)
dirt
plants/seeds
spray paint (optional)
sticker paper (optional)
markers (optional)
paper (optional)
laminator (optional)
sticks (optional)


My parents bought a swing-set for the littles. The best part of this swing-set was the pallet that it came on. I was thrilled!


Step 1: Find a hammer and knock every other top board out. This makes room for the plants.

Step 2: (optional) For a personalized touch I drew and cut out letters to spell "GARDEN" on sticker paper. 



 and then spray-painted over the letters, and pealed them off.
I love how it turned out!

Step 3: Nail a tarp to the bottom of the pallet so that the dirt won't fall out. Caleb helped me with this part. 


This ^ was the bottom part of the pallet when we had finished nailing it in.

Step 4: Poke holes in the tarp so the the water can drain out, but not so big that the dirt will come out.



This was the finished product!!

Step 5: Draw pictures of everything that you planted and laminate them so they won't get wet when it rains. Then duck tape them to sticks.

Step 6: Add dirt
Step 7: Plant your seeds/plants

I planted eggplant, bell peppers, okra, and yellow squash. Everything came up but the eggplant. Apparently eggplant seeds are difficult to grow.  


This was the final produce!

Have you ever made a above ground garden before? Tell me about it in the comments! 

G R A C E

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. I love this!! I am going to try it in my backyard. Genius idea and I don't think this is like two year old.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome! I'd love to know how it turned out!

      Delete
  2. Niceeely Doneee..Thx for the inspiration.. Seriously it means alot

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you for the inspiration for this so I can spend Quality time with my Daughter and reap the great rewards afterwards of fresh vegetables from our own Garden. I will be sure to have some help and have it built so there is no standing but sitting to work the garden.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! No, I'm serious. I'll do the happy dance. :)