The Things I Learned At Summer Camp

12:19 PM

This summer. I don't even know where to start. It has been more amazing in ways that I didn't think that it would be. At the beginning of this summer I made a bucket list. It went something like this...
  • armadillo hunt. 
  • make a video of my summer.
  • work on loping.
  • saddle in less than 5 minutes.
  • finish reading "life without limits". 
1. This didn't get accomplished...mainly because I learned that sleep is a very valuable thing.
2. In a way I did this one. I'm working on making a music video of us singing songs around the campfire, but I didn't make one of the whole summer.
3. I did this some...not as much as I would've liked to but I did it.
4. I didn't actually time myself on this one, but I'm pretty sure that I can now.
5. I didn't have time to read hardly anything this summer, not even facebook.

But you know what? I'm okay with this because I did things that I wouldn't have thought to put on a bucket list. Like...

  • Have a fully clothed staff swim party
  • Go "mud-riding" in a golf cart
  • Go on a night horse ride
  • Have a large camp-wide dance party
  • Have a staff movie night
  • Become a superhero (at least in a funny skit)
  • See two little girls that I know come to know the Lord
  • Use a chainsaw like tool to cut limbs on trails
  • Spend the weekend with my cousin
  • Take pictures in a photobooth with a friend

On a different note. I learned so many things this summer. Things that I didn't think that I would. 


  • There is more than one way to be encouraging.
  • You can tell how much someone loves you by the way they correct you.
  • There is a time to speak and I time to listen.
  • Pick your battles.
  • Chapel decorations can't stay up forever.
(photo credit to Emily)
  • When plans change...go with it.
  • God does indeed have a sense of humor.
  • Prayer is a very powerful thing.
  • Never be too hard on yourself.
  • Relationships are one of the most important things in life so take care of them.
  • and you will never know how much you love someone until you have to say goodbye.




(me and Lana)
(Taylor, Emily, Lana, Me, Emily #2, and Seth)
(Emily and I) :)
(These pictures are from #superherotshirttuesday)

I have become so close to so many people this summer! I can't wait to see what God has in store for this coming school year and next summer!


Grace

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Your comments make my day! No, I'm serious. I'll do the happy dance. :)