Hope for this Monday

12:22 PM

The dreaded Monday. The first day of most peoples' week. Just thinking about Monday can make some cringe. Today while I was sitting in the office I was reflecting on this past weekend. 

This weekend wasn't grand, it was normal. My family continued to get over sickness, everyone but me that is. We mostly just sat around, cleaned up the house a little, and relaxed. I went to the pond and tried out my new hammock too :). Saturday night was different though.


I usually have my quiet time before bed. I read my Bible, pray, and then drift off into dreamland. This night was different though. I have really been stressing out about this stupid ACT/college crap. I've given everything to Him, but being the planner/worrier that I am it's hard to try not to worry about. I try to pray when I know I'm fixing to start stressing out about it. Anyway that was a side note. 

Saturday night instead of reading first I prayed first. I prayed that He would continue to take the burden. That He would do His perfect will. I then opened my Bible. I have been reading through 1st Corinthians so I went to turn there, but my Bible opened to a bookmark that my best friend had put in Jeremiah. She had put it there to help me remind her what her life verse is (Jeremiah 29:11), so naturally when my Bible opens there I usually keep turning. This time I felt led to read it though. I read the following...

     "For I know the plans that I have for you,’ declares the Lord, ‘plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. You will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart."

This was comforting to me. Sometimes we all feel like God isn't listening. We feel like He is too big, with too many real problems to care about our little people problems. This verse tells us that that's a lie! He listens. He cares. The God that made and hung the stars is holding your heart and guiding your path! God always knows what you need when you need it. 

Today I wanted to give you a little hope for your Monday. God loves you. Trust Him.

G R A C E

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Your comments make my day! No, I'm serious. I'll do the happy dance. :)